On 2006-04-13 06:28, Mantas Povilaitis uttered these thoughts:
> when I do emerge -uDp world, my (kde only) system wants to pull in a
> lot of gnome packages. When I add -t to see what wants them, it
> doesn't show:
>
> room17 mantas # emerge -uDpvt world

[snip]

> If I understand how to read the tree correctly, gnome is pulled in as
> x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme dependency and gtk-engines as a dependency
> of x11-themes/gnome-themes. But this tree doesn't show what wants
> gnome themes and gnome-icon-theme.

I would think the only time a package is shown as a top level "object"
in the tree output from emerge is when it's included in the world-file.

> So my question is how to find out why my system wants gnome themes and
> gnome-icon-theme.

You're sure you haven't installed x11-themes/gnome-themes explicitly
before? Send output of:

grep gnome /var/lib/portage/world

Regards,
 Patrick Börjesson

--
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
/\  and proprietary formats.