If the shell assigned to user 'apache' is "/bin/false", can user apache
become other users via su or sudo?  What I want to do is create a
web-based website editor, similar to the one geocities.com offers.  I
need a way to store the website editor in a central location where it
will be available to all users, but the users need to be able to save
the files they create/edit in their own web space (in this case under
~/webspace/html).  I want the users to be able to log in with their
Linux usernames and passwords.  I"ve written to a couple of PHP lists
about this, but none of them have answered me.  Is there anything in
portage that will do this, so I don't have to write it myself?  I've
waded through a lot of descriptions of scripts other people have
written, but none of them seemed to allow authenticating against the
users and passwords already established on the system...