Hi,

i have a normal DSL-connection. My provider only supplies a IPv4 address
- and so my ppp0 does not have a IPv6 address. The IPv4 of ppp0 address
changes every 24 hours.

So i'd like to be abled to use IPv6 from my LAN which sits behind my
Gentoo-based DSL router.

I think, that 6to4 would be right for me. If i do a traceroute to the
192.88.99.1 (the host, that all the 6to4 packets goto), i get contact
after really few hops. Great!

I'm facing many many questions. My friend is telling me, that in theory,
i would be abled to use IPv6 addresses based on the 6to4-address of the
IPv4 address of my ppp0 - but that changes every 24 hours.

A MASQ-target seems not to be available for IPv6 - so if my router
disconnects/reconnets, all the computers in my LAN will have to change
their IPv6 address.

Has anyone ever tried to supply his homenetwork with IPv6 through a
normal IPv6 connection?
If so, did it work? And what did you do?

Thanks.

  Sven