On 4/30/06, Heiko Wundram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Sonntag 30 April 2006 14:24 schrieb wu chuanwen:
> I think most of us are using firefox now .Do you think it's too slow?In my
> machine,if i open 6 or more tabs in firefox,my firefox will be stuck and
> even can not scroll up and down.Many peple have the same situation.Do you
> think so? And how can you solve this problem?

Most certainly, this is a memory issue. For every tab you have open, Firefox
keeps a 30-something pages history cache in memory, including pictures, for
quicker "back-browsing". If you are under tight memory (<512MB, I'd say), you
quickly notice that the memory requirements of Firefox make the computer
start to swap, and that the system slows down considerably.

You can turn off this history-caching somewhere, someplace on about:config,
but I wouldn't know where. Search the net. You're not the first one to
complain about this.

I guess Firefox is slow now because of whole lot of Extentions that we used today.

--
         K35/\R/\