Hmm,

Unfortunately it's so long ago that I don't remember where I saw it. Anyway, works for me.

Jeff.

On 01/05/06, Ryan Tandy < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Farhan Ahmed wrote:
> Jeff Rollin wrote:
>
>> I didn't say DG_DISABLE_DEBUG was a USE flag, I said it was a CFLAG. And it
>> improves the speed of KDE applications too
>>

> Read your earlier post.. Anyway where is this CFLAGS 'DG_DISABLE_DEBUG'
> documented? I cant find any reference to it in man gcc. No usable
> results came up when i googled it..
>
> Farhan Ahmed

It's not a CFLAG, at least not a compiler flag as you would be familiar
with them.  It's -DG_DISABLE_DEBUG, with the hyphen at the beginning,
and all it does is tell the compiler to activate a setting called
G_DISABLE_DEBUG in code that uses it.  From my own Googling, it looks
like it's meant to be used by applications linking against Glib in their
build scripts, not by end users.

In any case, if you're going to use -DG_DISABLE_DEBUG, you should also
add its converse, -UG_ENABLE_DEBUG, since that seems to be the 'proper'
way to do it.