Don't quote me on this, because, I don't know for sure if it already
exists (I do know for sure that not all CDs have mp3s and oggs on
them), but it would be perfectly possible to develop a konqueror
plug-in that automagically presented your CD tracks to you as mp3's
and oggs and ripped them for you, making it look as though these were
already on your cd for you.

Justin