On 5/8/06, Jerônimo Backes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> On Monday 08 May 2006 05:18, JimD wrote:
>
>> Jerônimo Backes wrote:
>>
>>> NO! (expand the fontsize to 100 pt or something to get the meaning)
>>>
>>> ATI support for linux is the crapiest thing on earth!
>>>
>> I guess it is safe to assume you don't like ATI : )
>>

> nobody who had to deal with their crappy drivers likes ATI.

Man, I wrote this while I was configuring my ATI-drivers for my new
Gentoo installation. What a pain in the (_*_)! I lost 3 hours in this
thing, and someone asks me if ATI drivers are good! The question by
itself is a joke.

Tell me about it, if you have one of their latest cards, OK, they
should work, mostly, but expect stuff to crash, their linux drivers
are not really something they care about THAT much. Of course, newer
cards get better support, but hey, I have one of the IGP 340 on both
notebooks, and it JUST SUX, their drivers do not work, they're are
simply refered by ATI as "not-supported". C'mon, I had an old TNT2 and
it worked like a charm using NVidia drivers (it had 32MB of memory,
and performed better than my IGP with 64MB and 4 years younger). What
can you expect from a vendor that do not support their older hardware
and have not all features on the newer? They should work harder.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil