On Monday 08 May 2006 22:43, Justin Findlay wrote:
> On 5/8/06, Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Would someone know what the following two USE flags do? latin and aio
> >
> > It seems latin1 relates to mysql and aio relates to slocate... But what
> > do they do?
>
> There's a neat little utility called equery (from gentoolkit) that
> will give you descriptions of local package USE flags, so in your case
> try,
>
> $ equery uses mysql
>
> and
>
> $ equery uses slocate
>
> and enjoy. (:  Alternatively, you can grep for latin1 or aio in
> /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc to see all the packages that have
> USE flags with those particular names.

The suggested equery wasn't much help, but grep-ing use.local.desc was a gold
mine. Thanks! I had already looked into use.desc and I stopped there and
posted my request for help. Why is it, that use.desc contains less
information about the use flags than use.local.desc?

Other than that, thank you very much.

Jerry