I have a QT program that's supposed to run on a server. I never liked
the idea of putting all this QT runtime crap on the server just for this
single program, so when it still ran SuSE, I just compiled it statically
and all was fine. Now under Gentoo, the program complains it couldn't
open the display (yes, I'm using ssh -X and other X programs are fine).
So I thought maybe it's the switch from XF86 to X.org, can't hurt to
recompile with the latest libraries. But there are no static libraries
(libqt.a and such) installed and I don't know how to get portage to
install them. USE=static seems to work only for linking certain programs
statically, not the libs itself.
I'm probably overlooking something very obvious...

cheers!
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665