On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:05, "wu chuanwen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!':
> Now my problem is :
> I have both jdk1.5 and 1.4 now.
> $ java-config -L
> [sun-jdk-1.4.2.10] "Sun JDK 1.4.2.10"
> (/etc/env.d/java/20sun-jdk-1.4.2.10) [sun-jdk-1.5.0.06] "Sun JDK
> 1.5.0.06" (/etc/env.d/java/20sun-jdk-1.5.0.06) * I compiled all the
> dev-java packages by javac1.5.Now when i compile
> commons-pool-1.2-r1,"enum" can't be recognized as a keyword.And when i
> switch to jdk 1.4,the message is "UnsupportedClassVersionError". How can
> i fix this problem now besides re-emerge all the packages in dev-java?

Find what package owns the class/jar that's giving a
UnsupportedClassVersionError (you might find equery from gentoolkit suited
to this task) and recompile it with javac 1.4.  This /could/ end
up "chaining" down (meaning, that package requires you to compile a
different package with 1.4 and so on)to where you have to compile
everything with JDK 1.4, but maybe not.

As covered before, JDK 5 (1.5) is masked for a reason.  You really
shouldn't unmask it unless you are ready to deal with the problems
*yourself*.  Many on the list will be either unable or unwilling to help
you, and I have severe limits in my knowledge, having never actually
installed JDK 1.5 on Gentoo, only the Windows boxes I've been forced to
use for various work-related tasks.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest