* on the Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 12:39:40AM -0400, Willie Wong said:
> I am not quite sure what went wrong.
>
> The result: http://www.math.princeton.edu/~wwong/20061600026.png
> whenever I try to access a website with flash content on it, the
> weird bands of messed-up stuff appear across the screen. It does go
> away after I close the offending tab, and performs some action that
> forces X to redraw.
>
> This started happening after I did a largish update after being away
> for 2.5 weeks. I think the problem is either with X, firefox, or
> flash, though it might go as far as the video driver. Any ideas?
> (Or, can anyone reproduce the behaviour?)
>

> And so I use the built-in radeon drivers.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Willie

I have the same issue.  I upgraded gcc to 4.1.x and that has been a mess
since I rebooted.  I need to rebuild world :-)

I get the same flash issue.  Simple flash sites work, flash sites with
video mostly puke now.  I also get display issues with gnome-terminal
where all/most of the text becomes invisible until I hit enter and then
it is redrawn.

I use the binary NVidia driver and thought it was releated to that.
However I am currently downgrading x11-libs/libX11, x11-base/xorg-server
and x11-base/xorg-x11 and all the installed drivers I have under
x11-drivers/*.

I hope this will fix me up because right now I cannot get into Gnome.

Jim