On Sunday, 18 June 2006 6:39, Jarry wrote:
> On 17/06/06, Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > You cannot use an ssh client in this manner.
>
> But what if mail-server uses secure connection (SSL) and secure
> authentication? Could I use ssh-client in such a case? Telnet
> would not help...
>
> Jarry

Well SSH, uses a specific login procedure and cipher set so I very much doubt
that it can be used effectively for anything apart from SSH.

If you really wanted to use telnet to communicate with servers over SSL then
it should be possible to hack together a telnet client that encrypts and
decrypts behind the scenes but otherwise acts like any other telnet client.
If such a thing doesn't already exist.

--
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck