* Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> >* Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >>anyway, why use old inetd at all? xinetd is way more powerful and secure!
> >
> >well, I've already been using it for over 10 years, I never had
> >serious problems with it, and has all I need.
> >So why should I now switch to xinetd ?
>
> It's more modern.

Ah. Interesting argument.
Because it's quite modern (for the kids) to wear overwide pants,
there's no need to produce tight ones anylonger ?
Great.

> >Wouldn't it make more sense to let "inetd" be an virtual package
> >which can be configured by some useflag to get either classic inetd
> >or xinet in, maybe xinet as default ?
>
> Why? The current way is quite fine, IMO. You can easily select
> which package to install, why depend on some USE flag?

Following you line of argumentation, the virtual package "inetd"
should be dropped, since people can directly choose "xinetd".

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481