Hi,

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 18:43 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> The ebuild for media-libs/libmpeg3-1.5.2 is giving me a message I don't
> know how to use:
>
> > WARN: prerm
> > Please upgrade your package (libmpeg3-1.5.2) to use toolchain-funcs.eclass
> >
> > WARN: postrm
> > Please upgrade your package (libmpeg3-1.5.2) to use toolchain-funcs.eclass
>
> I don't know how to upgrade this any more than what I just did by emerging it.
> Anybody know what it's talking about?  Anybody even know what toolchain-funcs
> it's talking about -- my browse through the portage tree comes up with
> no obvious
> candidate.

I think (and I'm kindof guessing) is this is a message from dev's to
dev's, essentially saying the ebuild (libmpeg) needs to be altered
slightly to use some new features of portage instead of some old.
Something to do with the nature of the continuing development on
portage.

I think you don't need to worry about it at all, so long as your package
installs in the end.

HTH,

You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.