Rasmus Andersen wrote:
On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:36:16AM -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
if it is a physical or electrical problem with the disks.  The disks are
SATA drives 2x 250gb -- I am not sure how to proceed and I googling has
not been helpful -- it may be there, I just haven't found it.

Use a livecd/knoppix thing and run badblocks(8) on them.

Cheers,
  Rasmus
I vote for the Ultimate Boot CD. small download (i think) and it has pretty much every hard drive tool on it, so you can rum the appropriate manufacturer's tools and figure out if they are dead, and also low level format the drives for a complete fresh start.

Daniel