On 8/16/06, Andrew Frink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/16/06, Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, it works, dhcpcd is stopped when the cable is unplugged, and started
> again when it's plugged back in. But the interface is never actually
brought
> down, and that's my problem, I *want* the interface brought *down*.

In /etc/conf.d/net, make a postdown that does "ifconfig ${IFACE}
down".  See /etc/conf.d/net.example.

> Why? IPv6. If the interface isn't brought up, stateless autoconfiguration
> doesn't work.

I suspect the reason is that for many adapters (like mine), ifplugd
cannot detect the link state if the interface is completely down, so
plugging in another cable would have no effect.

-Richard

(Apologies for having to respond to Andrew's email instead of
Mike's...looks like I am being bit by the 'missing emails' mail list
bug.)