On Saturday 09 September 2006 03:53, Dale wrote:
> I did my emerge --sync andthen did a emerge -uvDp world.  This is what I
> got:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -uvDp world

Add --tree to this command in order to see what is pulling it in.

> > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >
> > Calculating world dependencies \
> > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
> > !!! masked or don't exist:
> > net-im/aim

You really should do something when you see warnings like this. net-im/aim was
masked for removal more than five weeks ago. It was removed from the tree
yesterday. There are more viable alternatives so I suggest you unmerge it and
use something else.

> > ... done!
> > [ebuild  N    ] x11-apps/xplsprinters-1.0.1  USE="-debug" 75 kB
> >
> > Total size of downloads: 75 kB
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery depends xplsprinters
> > [ Searching for packages depending on xplsprinters... ]

By default equery shows only dependencies of what is currently installed. It
may miss something but more probably something you have installed got
xplsprinters added as a deep dependency.

--
Bo Andresen