On Thursday 28 September 2006 21:43, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Router 3rd and 4th net interface problem':
> I'm pretty confused.  I'm trying to get the system in question to
> behave like a solid-state router that you can plug an ethernet jack
> into and be on the network.  How should eth1 and eth2 be configured in
> /etc/conf.d/net ?

They should be configured as part of a bridge device (see the bridging
section of /etc/conf.d/net.example) and have the address assigned (and
DHCPD listing on) that bridge device.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest