> I'm afraid I can't keep up with you guys here.  What I'd like to do is
> use eth1 and ath0 on my router to "serve" the same local network.  Can
> I bridge them according to net.example to accomplish this?  I
> understand that I will either need to use a crossover cable with eth1
> or attach a switch to eth1.
>
> - Grant

Hi,

Shorewall (net-firewall/shorewall) can help you do this very easily,
simply by adding both eth1 and eth0 to the local zone and enabling IP
forwarding.

Check out http://shorewall.net/two-interface.htm, under the section
"Adding a Wireless Segment to your Two-Interface Firewall".  I use this
method myself for exactly that purpose - eth0 on the internet, eth1
wired, and ath0 wireless.  It's easy to substitute eth2 (or whatever
interface(s) you're using) for ath0 in that scenario.

This sounds like the right thing to do if it's as simple as that.  I
think I do want the wired and wireless interfaces on the same network
for now.  Setting up a DMZ for a web server does sound like an
interesting project though....

- Grant