Hi folks:

I have a gateway E4100 series computer acting as my snort box.  It is
running 2006.1 and has the intel Pro1000 nic. The box was built from a
stage 4 install which I have 2 other identical machines running on.

The problem is that the network adapter seems to "fall asleep"
periodically. If I attempt to access the base webpage or ssh, I get no
response till I ping the box -- 8 pings later, it wakes up and acts
normally.  For a while, then it starts over.

Checking /var/log/messages indicates no problems, it shows the crons
happily running, the snort startup etc. but nothing else.  Can anyone
shed some light on the problem and a possible solution.

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11