On Tuesday 10 October 2006 13:46, Mark Shields wrote:
> I have a gentoo box setup as a router with 3 servers behind it (all 4
> servers are running gentoo).  Right now I simply have port 5901 to forward
> from the router to my vnc server so I can access it remotely.  I've looked
> on the gentoo forums and online but haven't been able to find any solid
> information on how to tunnel 5901 through ssh through the router to the vnc
> server.  Basically, client -> router -> vnc server port 5901, but over ssh.
> Any ideas?

if you want to connect to a vnc session on the ssh server:

ssh -L 5901:localhost:5901 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

then:

vncviewer localhost:1

if you want to connect to another box at the same network of the ssh server:

ssh -L 5901:ip_of_another_box:5901 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

then:

vncviewer localhost:1

got the idea?

hope it helps.