On Monday 18 December 2006 21:29, Philip Webb wrote:
> Gentoo is for fairly experienced Linux users who want real control
> & are prepared to put a bit of time into maintaining their box(es).
> There will always be people who try it & find it too time-consuming
> or are simply not experienced enough to handle its challenges.

People who're new to Linux, especially naturally unexperienced teens will have
a rough time if they try gentoo linux. Even if they learn fast.. especially
the fact that you need a whole day to have a running installation kills
motivation.
I find Sabayon linux very useful, it offers a complete pre-installation, you
can modify it afterwards. The perfect os with a rapid beginning. :-)