On 12/31/06, Mark M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/31/06, Daniel D Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 29 December 2006 09:25, Daniel D Jones wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/ # emerge -s gnome-icon-theme
> > Searching...
> > [ Results for search key : gnome-icon-theme ]
> > [ Applications found : 1 ]
> >
> > *  x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme
> >       Latest version available: 2.16.1
> >       Latest version installed:  2.16.1
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/ # emerge gnome-applets
> > Emerging (1 of 1) gnome-base/gnome-applets-2.16.2 to
> > checking for GIT... configure: error: Package requirements
> > (gnome-icon-theme >=  2.15.91) were not met:
> > Requested 'gnome-icon-theme >= 2.15.91' but version of gnome-icon-theme is
> > 2.10.1
> >
> > Something is confused somewhere about the version of gnome-icon-theme
>  > installed.  I've resynced and reemerged gnome-icon-theme with no success.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> It appears no one has any suggestions.  Can someone perhaps tell me how
> portage goes about determining the installed version to give me a direction
> to start trying to figure this out.
>
> --

Hi there,
All installed packages are recorded in /var/db/pkg
so in your case you can check /var/db/pkg/x11-themes/
for gnome-icon-theme packages installed.

Maybe stating the obvious here, but have you tried to remove and then install
gnome-icon-theme again?

"  I've resynced and reemerged gnome-icon-theme with no success. "

Happy new year all !!!

Try :
"pkg-config gnome-icon-theme --modversion"

if that reports a wrong number then you may have an old pkgconfig file
lying around making it go nuts.

For some odd reason i notice the gnome-icon-theme package-config files
not being in their standard /usr/lib/pkgconfig but in
/usr/share/pkgconfig with about 2 other files ( gtk-doc ,
icon-naming-utils ) and I wonder why. But cat any flles matching
"gnome-icon-theme.pc" in both those dirs and if you have more than
one, then that could be your problem, and deleting the older one
-should- do the trick.

--
/<ent Fredric
(aka theJackal)