Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
On Sunday, 31 December 2006 23:02, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
On Sunday, 31 December 2006 22:21, Pavel Kouřil wrote:
I have few problems with my gentoo. =//
1. After X & WM (I use KDE, in fluxbox it was same) my PC have insane
CPU and RAM usage. Why? =// [2.0GHz AMD, 512MB RAM]
Run 'top' to see which processes are causing this.
In top isn't anything suspicious.
What is telling you that you have high cpu and ram usage?
Conky, and how is pc slow. =/

Conky might be showing all ram usage, without telling you whether it's disk cache or applications using it. Take a look at kinfocenter's memory page and see what it says for application ram usage. Unused ram is wasted ram and it's likely your high ram usage is simply disk cache, which is good.

Kinfocenter shows the same.. 22,71/503,58MB RAM free, which is like a 95% in conky.
And last problem, but this is more wine-related.
I have big game freezes in Ragnarok Online (kRO version), and when i
wanna run updater, it ever falls down.
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=928

Have a look at this page on the wine website to see if there are any
bug reports or solutions relating to your problem:
There isn't anything about it. It was firt place, where I searched for
solutions.