On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:36:02 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> Yeah, it would be good to know an update is not going to give a broken
> system - but to implement some sort of (extra) tagged release testing
> would be a significant amount of effort for the community.

Only if you rely on the current developer community to do this. There's
nothing to stop a user or group of users from taking a snapshot of the
portage tree and applying only security updates (after testing of
course) then using that as their own rsync source for a "static"
Gentoo-based distro. If the target hardware is all compatible, you could
also build packages so that all updates on production machines would be
done with the --usepkg option, saving time and CPU cycles.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sure, we just route the main sensor through Data's cat.