Hi,

I have here two gentoo systems one 32-bit and one 64-bit.

To save space on my harddisk the mounts /home and /boot are used from
both systems.

Now I have the problem with the kernel version.
Both systems running kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r6.

If I install now the kernel from the 64-bit system it overwrites the
kernel from the 32-bit system.
In the kernel config is a variable available LOCALVERSION to append
some text to the kernel to prevent the overwrite.

Is it possible to global define this variable e.g. in /etc/make.conf?

Thx a lot,
Matthias

Rich Cook