Hi All,

Apologies for the off-topic post but I thought to ask here because there have
been a couple of threads in the past where embedded Linux OS' for hardware
routers were discussed and that may offer a solution to my problem.

I would like to be able to tunnel through ssh to my home router (netgear
DG834) from random public wifi access points, for the purpose of connecting
through my own ISP to the internet for internet browsing and email.

I do not want to run a PC behind the router.  Instead, I am looking for an
enhanced hardware router type of solution.  Would you perhaps know of either
a COTS product, or a Linux embedded approach to fulfil this requirement?
--
Regards,
Mick