On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:56, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] net-libs/wvstreams-4.2.2-r2 failed
[linuxstreams/wvinterface.o] Error 1':
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > What version of linux-headers do you have installed?  I believe this
> > is complaining about a missing /usr/include/linux/compiler.h, but I
> > don't have that file either.
>
> This is what I have installed:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery list linux-headers
> > [ Searching for package 'linux-headers' in all categories among: ]
> >  * installed packages
> > [I--] [ ~] sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.19 (0)
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #
>
> Something else was complaining about that.  Maybe that package has a bug
> in it??  Should I back up a version of the headers??

http://www.linux-stats.org/?search=*compiler.h&language=english&c=gentoo_search&submit=Search+File...
says that file is provided by (some version) of linux-headers, so I'd say
yes for now, but please file a bug on b.g.o.; wvstreams will need to be
patched (or upgraded) to not build against headers that aren't available
(to userland) in newer kernels.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest