On Monday 08 January 2007 00:25, Willie Wong wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 10:17:59PM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida
squawked:
> > Not really all kind of completion, but I noticed that it froze on
> > trivial completions (the kind that should work even without
> > bash-completion).
>
> Hold on, so the command completions, like say tar <tab><tab> giving
> you A c d r t u x actually works, but filename completion doesn't?
> (It might help pin point the problem.)
>
> > I won't be able to access my home box for a few days. I will try all
> > your suggestions then.

Not sure if this helps:  I do not have bash-completion emerged in my system
and I am running bash-3.1_p17.  The relevant bash line in my .bashrc looks
slightly different to Jorge's:
##uncomment the following to activate bash-completion:
#[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ] &&
source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion
(note the single "[" brackets) and it is commented out.  Nevertheless, bash
completion seems to work fine both in completing commands and filenames and
in listing options if more than one alternative is present.
--
Regards,
Mick