Richard Fish napisał(a):
> Have you checked your /var/log/Xorg.*.log files?  They should reflect
> why the Xgl server is not being accellerated.

Got it! Somewhere around 92% of /var/log/Xorg.94.log, which is logging
Xgl, I've found:

(EE) fglrx(0): Hardware has already been locked.
(II) fglrx(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) fglrx(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0x2000 at 0xb7f7b000
(WW) fglrx(0): ***********************************************
(WW) fglrx(0): * DRI initialization failed!                  *
(WW) fglrx(0): * (maybe driver kernel module missing or bad) *
(WW) fglrx(0): * 2D acceleraton available (MMIO)             *
(WW) fglrx(0): * no 3D acceleration available                *
(WW) fglrx(0): ********************************************* *

Hardware's locked? Do they mean that I can render only one X server
simultaneously? They must be kidding...

And near the end of this file:

(EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

No doubt about it.

What's also interesting at the 96th per cent of Xorg.0.log, standard
server's log, I've got:

(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so failed
(/usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

Did portage forgotten about something while emerging ati-drivers? Or
maybe it's my mistake to force AIGLX to start ('Option  "AIGLX" "true"'
in xorg.conf)?

> Also, one other option may be to try the opensource radeon driver.
> You can lookup your card's pci ID (use lspci && lspci -n) in
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/drm/drm_pciids.h to see if it is supported
> or not.  If so, you should be able to get aiglx working with
> opensource drivers.

Found it. In the section radeon_PCI_IDS I've found the following line:

{0x1002, 0x4152, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, CHIP_RV350}, \

Please verify my plan. I should recompile my kernel with device drivers
-> character devices -> radeon built in (or as a module) and in
xorg.conf set driver to "radeon". Am I right?

Thanks for your feedback,
Jan

--
Mail    jan at stepien com pl