Richard Fish napisał(a):
On 1/20/07, Jan Stępień <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-gentoo-r4/kernel/drivers/char/drm/drm.ko): Cannot
allocate memory

Try searching dmesg for drm.  My guess is either the radeonfb module
is conflicting, or the fglrx module.

-Richard

In fact the radeon module conflicts with fglrx. I've unloaded fglrx, modprobed radeon (verified by lsmod) and relaunched gdm. But it's still refusing to use the new module:

(EE) Failed to load module "radeon" (module does not exist, 0)

Actually it does exist, it is loaded and besides listed in xorg.conf to be bound to my Radeon 9600XT. I'm can't get it. Any suggestions?

Thankful for your support so far and still asking for help, sincerely yours,

Jan

--
Mail    jan at stepien com pl
Jabber  jano at jabber aster pl