I did the upgrade to dbus-1.0.2 on this box and it crippled gnome. I
rebuilt everything and I couldn't get gnome-session to want anything
other than libdbus-1.so.2 so X would start and quit. I checked for loose
copies of gnome-session and dbus and found nothing out of place. I ended
up downgrading to the old version and things are working again.

Oddly, I noticed (via eix) that dbus-1.0.2 was still ~x86 masked but
emerge swore that it was what the rest of the system wanted but nothing
else, that I've found, seems to have required it. I'm guessing that
dbus-1.0.2 isn't gnome-compatible as of yet but I'm not sure.

---

[I] sys-apps/dbus
     Available versions:  !0.61-r1 0.62-r2 ~1.0.2
     Installed:           0.62-r2(23:34:52 01/22/07)(X -debug -doc gtk
-mono python qt3 qt4 -selinux)
     Homepage:            http://dbus.freedesktop.org/
applications to talk to each other
statux ~ # emerge -pv dbus