Albert Hopkins napisał(a):
> Then you probably don't want to use GDM or any other DM as they are
> primarily designed to "manage" displays that are already selected.  What
> you want is more of a chicken-and-egg issue for a display manager.
>
> What you likely need is something to be run from the command line (i.e.
> *before* X is started).  startx (or xinit) are perfect for this.  No
> need to write any fancy program, it can pretty much do what you're
> asking:
>
> $ startx /path/to/program/that/needs/X.org -- /usr/bin/X
> $ startx -- /usr/bin/Xgl

Thanks, now it works flawlessly. I can easily launch a slick desktop
with Xgl and Beryl, and if I require direct rendering I simply log out
and launch Xorg.

Now I'll try to find a clever solution and make this method a little bit
more automatic. We'll see what I'll be able to find around the web.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Jan Stępień

--