Dale wrote:
> > Then I noticed that when I open a
> > large file, like say emerge.log, that Kwrite locks up and takes
> > my CPU to almost 100% when I try to scroll to the bottom.

Same thing here.  I remember seeing this bug before, and think it
was solved at some point by an upgrade of kdelibs.  Or maybe it was
never fixed and I simply don't use Kate or Kwrite on large files
any more.

> Well, I guess nobody else has one doing this.

Perhaps no one replied because you're not saying which versions of
KWrite and Xorg and so on you're using, and weren't providing the
basic emerge --info either.

> I went back to a older version and it works fine.

Which older version of what?

Benno