On Friday 09 March 2007 21:57, Dan Farrell wrote:

> In all likelihood, you didn't edit /etc/conf.d/net for one of your
> network interfaces, which ifplugd then tried to bring up.  you may want
> to change /etc/conf.d/rc.

Yes, I did edit /etc/conf.d/net. Actually everything works correctly (I get
the correct IP on the correct card and the gateway is also correct). the only
thing that does not work is that I have no dns setting so I can't download
the sources to install.

I can add "nameserver <IP>" in /etc/resolv.conf but it's gone at the next
reboot. I've now added dsn_servers_eth0 in /etc/conf.d/net and I'll see next
time if I get the dns right.

Thierry