After my most recent sync and update, I checked the elogs for any
configuration stuff or warnings.  When a build throws a "postinst"
message, I expect an important message, e.g. gtk2 says...

LOG: postinst
You need to rebuild ebuilds that installed into /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0
to do that you can use qfile from portage-utils:
emerge -va1 $(qfile -qC /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.[^1]*)

  I do *NOT* expect marketing fluff like nano puts out...

LOG: postinst
More helpful info about nano, visit the GDP page:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nano-basics-guide.xml

  The whole point of elogs is to highlight important stuff, so people
don't have to plow through reams of useless stuff.  The nano URL belongs
in the man page, not in the elogs.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1