This link to the forum though I realise it is nvidia based it may give
some further information the posts refer to a bug which further refers
to another bug which is the ATI issue but the general point is there.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-556528-highlight-nvidia+block.html

On 07/05/07, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Remy Blank <remy.blank <at> pobox.com> writes:

> Stay away from xorg-server-1.3 and kernel-2.6.20 or later until ATI
> releases new versions that work with them.

This is what I was looking for. I do not stay on top of these issues,
and the system is working reasonable well right now. I just
cannot get the logitech joystick (game controller) to work with
this rig. It works on 4 other intel/ati systems, or athlon/nividia
based systems but those all use the radeon drivers or nvidia drivers.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on these issues!

James

"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
binary, those who don't"

--Unknown