I read this: http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0510.3/2003.html and figured out the driver name. Are they compatible? cos that's the one setup and I am up and running. I'll try the driver you suggested and see if it works.

Neil Walker wrote:

David Harel wrote:
The driver I needed seem to be AHCI SATA.

What makes you think that?

Was rather difficult to identify that that is the right driver because lspci states:

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev 04)

and you can't find 82801 in .config

It's the Intel PIIX driver for the Intel ICH family, etc. You didn't look for Intel or ICH?

Be lucky,

Neil

--
Regards.