On 6/9/07, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kent Fredric ha scritto:
> On 6/8/07, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ( probably releated to it being a
> generally harder distro to use that *cough* ewwbuntu *cough*
> unlinspired *cough*  or *cough* deadrat *cough* )

OT: Ubuntu distros (Kubuntu, expecially) are really, really shiny and
slick pieces of software. I just installed Kubuntu 7.04 at work and it's
 the more polished, ready-to-go, easy to use Linux distro I've ever
seen. I use Gentoo on my home desktop for various reasons and because I
have different needs, but the Linux community has only to learn from the
Ubuntus.

OT: My detest for the aformentioned brands are experience driven
except for the linspire. Genoo > Everything.

I can say this because I started on debian pretty much, and being a
control freak, I like everything the way I like it, not the way
somebody else says I should like it. Gentoo is more free ( in the 'do
what you want' )  sense than any other distro I know of.  Periodic
releases which force users to re-install  effectively to upgrade =
bollux.  I know with ewbuntu family you dont really /have/ to, but
most do anyway, and theres always this _hype_ with every 'release'
that comes out which i just don't get. My software is newer, and the
only 'release' I ever see is a new profile.

I jumped ship because I was in debian, and compiling a lot of things
by hand because they wern't available in unstable/experimental yet,
and the software was _STILL_ stale, and figgured going to a
source-based distro was the logical step.

Ease of use & userfriendlyness are /not/ things i look for in an OS.
Unless they're tools and things ill actually use,  I care not. Beryl ,
Compiz & XGL i'll never be caught dead using, ive experimented with
them just to see what the fuss is about , and then i turn them off and
stay that way.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|