On 7/4/07, Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I emerge with the doc USE flag and generally have a bunch of stuff in
/usr/share/doc.  Most of the time it's the HTML stuff I want to read, but
it's a annoyingly laborious to wade through unindexed directgories and get a
browser pointing to the right thing.  So I wrote a little Perl script to
create a top-level " index.html", organized by package and with a bit of
rudimentary pruning.  I bookmarked it in Firefox, and can get to things a
lot faster now.  I like the result, and will continue to tweak it here and
there.

Did I just reinvent a wheel? If not, is there any point it trying to make
this part of gentoo?  If so, how would one do that?

Current script attached.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

debian have a similar and much nicer tool  called dwww which merges
all html-doc, htmlized infopages, and htmlized manpages into one
uniform system. I think gentoo being better should have an equivelant.
But as  of yet, no such equivelant exists, which I think is sad, as
in my experience, the documentation available to gentoo as a whole is
/much/ superior to that on competing distros I have encounted.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|