Hello everyone,

I'm trying to synchronize the system time with the help of rdate
(openNTPD is on the list in case of failure). I have one problem,
though: I connect to the Internet through a proxy server. I have set
up the necessary environment, but I doubt that rdate listens to it:

localhost init.d # env | grep -i proxy
http_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
ftp_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
rsync_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port
https_proxy=proxy.address.dom:port

localhost init.d # rdate pool.ntp.org
rdate: couldn't connect to host pool.ntp.org: Connection refused

Please advise on how to correctly specify the proxy server in the NTP
server address. I am wondering if there is a syntax similar to
proxy.address.dom:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Alternatively, how can I make
rdate honour the proxy settings?

Regards,
Liviu