Hi Liviu,

it seems you're only allowed to access web, FTP and rsync services on
the Internet through your proxy. Both rsync and NTP use their own ports
and protocols, different from HTTP/FTP/rsync. Firstly, you need a proxy
server (or some other form of tunnel) that will allow for rdate/NTP
traffic between your computer and Internet.

Secondly, you have to configure rdate/NTP to make use of the proxy, but
AFAIK there's nothing like ntp_proxy or rdate_proxy env. variables
these programs would honor. Instead, timeserver proxies are more common
in the form of a local timeserver which sync's with an external
timesource and offers its services to the local network via standard
protocols. You would then sync time using this proxy directly, e.g.
"rdate -s timeproxy.localaddress.dom". Try asking around if there's such
a service available in your local network.

-Roman