On 9/15/07, Pongracz Istvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I reemerged mesa, it seems a little bit better:
> there are popup menus, which seems ok, but windows still do not refresh
> the contents.
>
> Cheers,
> István
>
> 2007. 09. 15, szombat keltezéssel 17.04-kor Pongracz Istvan ezt írta:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Hm, I'm not sure, what should I rebuild......
> >
> > Using metacity, opengl applications working well.
> > Changing to compiz/beryl, everything seems fine, except, nothing
> > refreshes its content.
> > For example the terminal is only a black box: if I resize, I get a fresh
> > "snapshot" of its content (for example a cursor or what I typed
> > before....).

OK, so, I was having these problems for a long time both at my  work
box and my notebookl (both with Intel Graphics). I have researched a
LOT and finally solved it. First, the 2.x release of i810 seems to
have problems both with Beryl and Compiz Fusion, so I went back to
1.7.4 (this was at my work box, where everything was fine till the
i810 update).

With my notebook, the problem was blank windows (the first terminal
window at Gnome was always blank, same problem with some windows and
firefox). The solution was here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/82999

And it is to add Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" to your xorg.conf
device section.

I'm pretty happy running the normal ebuilds (not 9999) now. Along with
stable versions of xorg-server and i810-1.7.4.

Hope that helps.