On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:47:37 -0700
Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Also, snpp is for pagers:
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Network_Paging_Protocol
> >
> > With netstat -lp it looks like *:snpp is associated with apache2 and
> > is using the same pid as *:http and *:https.  I've never set up
> > anything having to do with a pager.  I've never had a pager.  What
> > can I do to investigate that further?
>
> This snpp pager thing is the weirdest thing I've found.  It sounds
> like the kind of thing I would know if I set up.  Someone has some
> kind of pager alert installed on my system?
>
> - Grant
http://www.qpage.org/rfc1861.html

Network Working Group
Request for Comments: 1861
October 1995

...1. Introduction With all due apologies to the Glenayre engineers (who
take offense at the term "nerd") beepers are as much a part of computer
nerdom as X- terminals--perhaps, unfortunately, more. The intent of
Simple Network Paging Protocol is to provide a standard whereby pages
can be delivered to individual paging terminals...

I thought that was amusing.  Now I think the question is, if apache is
really serving that, isn't something going to show up in the logs
maybe?

and BTw, have you done an external portmap?