On 17:24 Thu 27 Sep     , Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:59:18 +0100 Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:00:33 -0500, forgottenwizard wrote:
> >
> > > BTW, if anyone knows of a cheap tuner card (<50US preferably) that
> > > is decent and works with either PCI/USB/AGP, I would love to know.
> >
> > Analogue or DVB? I've used a Freecom DVB dongle with Gentoo (amd64 and
> > ppc) and it worked well. For a cheap PCI card, the KWorld cards are
> > decent.
>
> Just a short warning: The US standards are a bit different... (but
> KWorld has ATSC equipment, too, not just DVB).
>
> And if commercial HDTV is to be received, special care has to be taken
> that everything is HDMI compliant -- I think there are only hardware
> based solutions to this problem, and it certainly won't be cheap -- at
> least not <50USD, I think...
>
> -hwh
> --

I was hoping for Digital since analog will be going the way of the Dodo
in the next few years.

HDTV isn't going to be received since my monitor won't handle it
properly to start with.

I looked at a few KWorld cards online, and saw a few Happ. that were
less than 50US, but I'm going to do some more looking.