Hi,

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:08:26 -0500
Jeff Cranmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think I'm getting closer now.
> I removed the driver from the kernel, and installed ndiswrapper.
> I got the inf driver from a guy from realtek, and used
> ndiswrapper -i drivername.inf  to install it.
>
> Now, when I run
> iwlist wlan0 scanning, I can actually see my access point listed, plus lots
> of
> other local wireless networks.

That's good. It actually receives.

> connecting to it is a different matter, however, as the connection always
> appears to time out.  I'm using iwconfig to manually set the ESSID, wep key
> etc. at the moment, and have tried the trick of setting the speed manually to
> 5.5M to avoid timeouts.
>
> When I try to run dhcpcd wlan0 the first time, I get Error, wlan0: timed out
> The second time I try to run it, I get an error because dhcpcd is already
> running.

Try the minimal approach first and configure it manually using
ifconfig/route and ping some host on your network (or the AP if it does
IP). If that does not work, there's something wrong with the driver, if
it does, the culprit is dhcpcd (vram USE flag?).

Start with WEP, if that works switch to WPA.

-hwh