On Tuesday 01 January 2008 10:50:26 pm Cocoy Dayao wrote:
> Encountered:
>
> warhammer etc # mount /dev/cdrom
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: No buffer space available
>
> i googled and found a "no buffer space available".
>
> followed suggestions on the thread:
>
> warhammer etc # mount -va && df && mount -v /mnt/cdrom
> mount: /dev/sda7 already mounted on /mnt/home1
> mount: /dev/sda5 already mounted on /mnt/oldroot
> mount: /dev/sda1 already mounted on /mnt/Movies
> mount: /dev/sda2 already mounted on /mnt/windows2
> mount: /dev/sda3 already mounted on /mnt/boot
> mount: shm already mounted on /dev/shm
> mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/cdrom
>         I will try all types mentioned in /etc/filesystems or /proc/
> filesystems
> Trying #
> Trying #vfat
> Trying ext4dev
> mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/cdrom
>         I will try all types mentioned in /etc/filesystems or /proc/
> filesystems
> Trying #
> Trying #vfat
> Trying ext4dev
> Trying squashfs
> Trying msdos
> Trying hfsplus
> Trying gfs2
> mount: No buffer space available
>
> ***
> so i guess it was looking for a lot of fs, but the machine couldn't
> find the right one.
> i dunno why.
>
> my fstab:
>
> /dev/cdrom            /mnt/cdrom      auto            auto,users      0 0
> #/dev/fd0             /mnt/floppy     auto            noauto          0 0
> /dev/hda1             /               ext3            noatime         0 1
> /dev/sda7             /mnt/home1      xfs             user            0 0
> /dev/sda6             none            swap            sw              0 0
> /dev/sda5             /mnt/oldroot    xfs             user            0 0
> /dev/sda1             /mnt/Movies     xfs             user            0 0
> /dev/sda2             /mnt/windows2   vfat            user            0 0
> /dev/sda3             /mnt/boot       ext3            noatime         1 2
> /dev/sdb              /mnt/ipod       hfsplus         noauto,user     0 0
>
> so i changed /mnt/cdrom from auto to iso9660
>
> and... everything works. no more "no buffer buffer space available"
> error after that.
>
> my question is... is there a way to set it to auto and still it will
> pick up iso9660? or maybe i missed some setting on the kernel that
> needs to be set?

What is the cdrom? Music or Data? You can't mount a music cdrom... period.
However, if it's a data cd, then iso9660 MUST either be build into the kernel
or available as a module for the "auto" part of your cdrom fstab line to work
correctly... hmmm... maybe need also "autoload" in the module loading section
of the kernel configurator.

Cheers.

--

From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride