On Jan 3, 2008 2:57 PM, Brian Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:47:42 -0800
>
> "Mark Knecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 3, 2008 5:17 AM, Brian Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:

> > > I just checked for you, and I got the same page using the Firefox 3
> > > trunk. This is why discriminating based on user-agent is a Bad
> > > Thing, Yahoo.
> > >
> > > --
> > >   Brian Marshall
> > >

> > Brian,
> >    Thanks for checking.
> >
> >    I don't think it's Yahoo. I think it's Gentoo 32-bit.
> >
> >    My desktop machine is Gentoo 64-bit using 2.0.0.11 and it's working
> > perfectly fine.
> >
> > - Mark
> That's odd then. I just tried again and I'm still blocked, even after
> clearing cookies and throwing "Firefox" in my user-agent.
>
> I'm on 32-bit with a vanilla Firefox 3 from the Mozilla trunk.
> Hopefully Yahoo will wise up and realize the concept of "supported
> browsers" is absurd.
>
> --
>   Brian Marshall

Yeah, my wife's 32-bit machine is still blocked. My son's 32-bit
machine which hasn't been updated yet is still fine as is my 64-bit
machine.

Logically so far I do think it's a Gentoo problem. If it was specific
to some Yahoo server that my house is pointed at it would have been at
least consistent on my wife's & son's machines, or so I think.

Strange problem.

Maybe it's a USE flags issue of some type. I'll do a comparison.

Note that today my wife is reporting a few new problems with the Gnome
update itself so maybe there is some larger issue. I've done a
revdep-rebuild on her machine. I've not finished all of the emerge
-DuN world updates yet but it's probably 95% done.

Thanks,
Mark