On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 06:47:42AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote

>    I don't think it's Yahoo. I think it's Gentoo 32-bit.
>
>    My desktop machine is Gentoo 64-bit using 2.0.0.11 and it's working
> perfectly fine.

  I wonder if it's because Yahoo is checking for user-agent.  They may
allow Firefox, but not "Iceweasel", which is the default branding for
Firefox in Gentoo.
[...snip long involved story about Open Source licencing politics...]
  Try adding the line...

www-client/mozilla-firefox -iceweasel

...to /etc/package.use and recompiling Firefox.  As a quick-n-dirty, if
you have the "User Agent Switcher" extension installed, try setting your
user agent string to...

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071229
Firefox/2.0.0.11

  May do the trick.  While we're at it, adding the line...

www-client/mozilla-firefox moznopango

...to /etc/package.use and recompiling Firefox will speed it up.  The
tradeoff is that you can't display Chinese/Japanese/Cyrillic text if
your Firefox is set to display English.  Apparently, "pango" paints the
text characters dot-by-dot.  This makes it more versatile, allowing it
to display multiple character sets at once.  But it obviously slows
Firefox down.  Your choice.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I'm not repeating myself