Dale wrote:
> On my system hpijs was a blocker if I recall correctly.  I read
> somewhere that hpijs was no longer being maintained and that hplip was
> the "new thing" to use.  Not sure why tho.
>
> Also may be worth noting that hplip used to be a service that was
> started as well.  /etc/init.d/hplip start used to work.  The latest
> update got rid of the service and I guess it just runs when it is needed.

I should clarify my question a bit more.  I don't have the hpijs package
installed.  I do have hplip.  Yet when I try to select the driver for my
printer, hpijs is the only option of the two.  I know that hplip
includes hpijs, but I was looking for a driver called hplip and didn't
see it...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com